Dental Crowns & Bridges
Dental Crown is a tooth-shaped cap/cover that goes on the top of your tooth or implant and covers everything on top of gums.
Dental Crown/Tooth Cap is the best way to protect the broken tooth or root canal treated tooth in order to achieve a natural look, size, and shape.
Do I really need a Crown? What problems do Dental Crowns fix?
At Dental Square, your Favorite Dentist in Lumberton TX, family dentistry, we recommend Dental crown/tooth cap mainly for protective and cosmetic. Normally the types of crowns made for protective reasons will also consider the aesthetic aspects. That is the reason why Zirconia / All Ceramic crown is becoming popular. Some of the common reasons why you need a crown are as follows:
- A tooth is significantly cracked
- A piece has broken off of your tooth
- You just completed root canal treatment
- A tooth is significantly worn down
- You need to replace a tooth with Dental implant
- A tooth that has existing large amalgam(silver) filling and start developing leakage around filling with recurrent decay
- Large fillings that compromise strength or weaken one of the cusps of the tooth.